Happy Valentine's Day: 10 Romantic Flicks to Watch With Your Loved One
Cupid’s arrow is wound tight and ready to fly because Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. In honor of the chocolate and rose-filled holiday, GossipCenter put together a list of 10 must-see romantic flicks that are perfect for a relaxed night in.
Get ready for laughs, tears and heart-warming moments as you check out the list of the lovable movies below!
1. Amelie (2001) – Starring Audrey Tautou and Matheiu Kassovitz, this Parisian romance follows an innocent beauty as she discovers herself and true love in the City of Lights.
2.Annie Hall (1977) – This Woody Allen classic displays every up and down in a relationship between two lovers portrayed by the iconic director and Oscar-winner Diane Keaton. Annie Hall combines the perfect amount of wit, humor and sympathy, creating one of the best romantic comedies of all time.
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) – An all-star cast including Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Kirsten Dunst and Mark Ruffalo add to this immaculate powerhouse of a film. A couple goes to tremendous lengths to aid their relationship when it turns sour. Through the process of ridding their bad memories, the lovers learn to find the true meaning of their relationship.
4. Love Actually (2003) – This beloved holiday flick follows the lives of eight couples, all connected through the six degrees of separation. Based in London, Love Actually is a Christmas favorite for many romance fans. It stars huge names including Emma Thompson, Colin Firth, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Liam Neeson, Keira Knightley and Hugh Grant.
5. The Notebook (2004) – Widely admired by Millennials as one of their all-time favorite Rom-Coms, this film is a take on Nicholas Sparks’ heartwarming novel and stars Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling. The story follows a poor man who falls in love with a rich woman, leading through the twists and turns of their relationship over the course of their lives.
6. Once (2006) – This musically-driven flick stars Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova portraying two people’s fateful week in Dublin. Together, the pair create beautiful love songs about their surprisingly sudden affair.
7. Titanic (1997) – There’s no denying it, Titanic is one of the greatest on-screen romances from the 90s. Directed by James Cameron, the Oscar-winning picture stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio and follows their heated love affair on the ill-fated ship.
8. Pretty Woman (1990) – After a business man ( Richard Gere) hires an escort ( Julia Roberts) for a few social events, he finds himself pain-strikingly in love. Pretty Woman garnered plenty of fans over the years, and who could forget the infamous shopping scene with Julia’s character on Hollywood’s Rodeo Drive.
9. When Harry Met Sally (1989) – This late 80s film stars Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan and left its mark with one of the most famous scenes from the big screen: the infamous fake orgasm clip. As for the Rob Reiner-directed movie, it follows Harry and Sally. Two friends for many years who toy with the idea of taking their relationship to the next level.
10. Up (2009) – Disney/Pixar did it again with its adorably warm animated film, which follows a 78-year-old widower determined to live out he and his late wife’s lifelong dream. Picking up a few trusty friends along the way, Carl explores the wilderness in his floating home and finally finds the real wish left to him by his wife.
Other articles you might like: