Nick Nolte's House Goes Up in Smoke

Posted Wednesday October 8, 2008 1:38 PM GMT

Ever since he was pulled over for DUI, Nick Nolte’s public image has been in question. And trying to fight a fire inside his house with a garden hose last night isn’t likely to vindicate him.

The “Another 48 Hours” actor suffered “minor smoke inhalation” due to his attempts to extinguish a fire caused by an electrical malfunction that started in his home office.

LA County Fire Department rep Frank Garrido told press, "Mr. Nolte was treated on the scene by LA Country Fire paramedics for minor smoke inhalation and abrasions to his right forearm. He was released, and will be under the supervision of his own physician."

He added, "The fire had spread to the living room and kitchen area. There is smoke damage throughout the entire residence,” also noting that the fire had done a total of $3 million damage to the Malibu home.

Gossip Girls

Below are pictures from the scene after Nick Nolte's house fire was extinguished (October 7).