Prince William & Kate Middleton: So Long, Solomon Islands!

Posted Monday September 17, 2012 9:32 PM GMT

Nearing the end of their Diamond Jubilee tour, Prince William and Kate Middleton were back on the move as they departed Solomon Islands on Tuesday (September 18).

The Duchess of Cambridge looked darling as she joined locals during a short "leaving ceremony" at the Honiara International airport before boarding a private aircraft en route to Tuvalu.

The travels come as Italian magazine Chi published more photos of Miss Middleton sunbathing in the south of France on Monday - despite the breach of privacy lawsuit against French magazine, Closer, who originally published the topless pictures.

Attorneys for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge appeared in a French court seeking fines and an injunction from further dissemination of the photos by Closer, but their efforts may be fruitless. Any fines in Europe for breaching privacy would be far less than what the periodicals would likely gain from sales. Though attorneys for the royal couple have also asked France to look into criminally prosecuting the photographers.

According to the Associated Press, the royals' lawyer, Aurelien Hamelle, told the French court Monday that he is seeking €5,000 ($6,550) in damages from Closer and an injunction forcing the magazine to stop publishing the issue with the photos. He also asked the court to fine Closer €10,000 ($13,100) a day for each day the injunction is not respected, and €100,000 ($131,000) if the photos are sold. However, a representative from Italian publishing group, Mondadori, which owns both Closer and Chi, told the court that the photos do not belong to them. "The photos are out there. If a TV show wants to show an image of this (magazine) edition, it's got nothing to do with us," she said. The court is expected to rule on Tuesday.

Despite the battle on the mainland, Irish newspaper The Daily Star published two pages of the photos on Saturday. The backlash caused the editor of the magazine to be suspended. After the nine photos were published, the palace issued a statement saying, "There can be no motivation for this action other than greed. Any such publication would serve no purpose other than to cause further, entirely unjustifiable upset to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who were enjoying time alone together in the privacy of a relative's home.”

The spokeswoman declined to comment on further legal plans, stating, "We will not be commenting on potential legal action concerning the alleged intended publication of the photos in Italy save to say that all proportionate responses will be kept under review.”

Meanwhile, the Italian gossip rag fears no repercussions since the photos had already first been seen in Closer. Unfortunately for Wills and Kate, in the age of the internet, the photos are already widely available to anyone with a computer.