Illness Causes Celine Dion To Cancel More Concerts
Songstress Celine Dion has cancelled additional concerts at Las Vegas’ Caesars Palace due to an illness.
Last weekend, officials announced that the popstar was cancelling her shows through March 3 and on Monday she was diagnosed with a viral illness and weakness in her right vocal cord.
Unfortunately, the doctor has now advised that the Academy-Award winning artist take six to eight weeks to rest her voice.
In a statement, the "My Heart Will Go On" singer said, “I tried to sing at my sound check last week, and I had no control of my voice whatsoever,” adding, “We thought that after a few days’ rest I would improve, but it wasn’t getting any better.”
The doctor has assured Dion that she will "be back to 100 percent" after she takes this rest but the singer seems more concerned about her fans. “Obviously this is the worst thing for a singer ... not being able to do your shows,” she said. “I feel worse knowing that I’m disappointing my fans. I’m so sorry ... I hope they forgive me.”
The five-time Grammy Award winning singer is in the middle of a three year residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, where she previously performed five consecutive years of sold-out shows.
Other articles you might like: