Amanda Knox Wins Appeal, Set to Go Free
Ready to find out her fate, Amanda Knox sat nervously while awaiting the reading of the verdict from her appeal on Monday (October 3).
All part of the highly-publicized challenge to her previous murder conviction, the 24-year-old took to the packed Italian courtroom in her jail attire while surrounded by police personnel.
Trying to maintain order, the judge in the case told onlookers, "Silence, please! Silence, please!" as he readied to announce the ruling - which ended up overturning Miss Knox's murder conviction.
Coming as overwhelmingly joyous news, Miss Knox burst into tears as she ended up only being held as guilty of defamation for her statements originally implicating another man in the murder - a crime in which she was deemed to have already served her punishment.
The finding comes as Miss Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were previously convicted in a 2009 verdict of murdering British exchange student Meredith Kercher.
In her final plea for a change in findings, Amanda tearfully said to the jury, “I did not do the things they say I did. I did not kill, rape or steal. I was not there.”
Other articles you might like: